Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!

Happy Father's Day to all those wonderful Daddies out there!! We had a great Father's Day. First, we let Daddy sleep in while Jackson and I organized and cleaned out the closet in his bedroom. Since we didn't have a lot of closet space in Yokosuka, we bought Jackson a wardrobe to house most of his things. Since closet space is not an issue in our new apartment (yay!), we decided to turn Jackson's closet into Daddy's Music space. There's enough room for his guitars, songbooks, and his new keyboard that he got for Father's Day a couple weeks early. There's even enough room for Steven to be able to play his instruments in there! Jackson and I moved everything out except for a tiny corner that Steven wouldn't be able to use anyway. Then, we woke him up with little boy kisses and gave him his Father's Day cards. Since we got his Father's Day present a few weeks ago, he didn't have any gifts to open, but we showed him the clean closet that will become his music closet and a special Father's Day picture that Jackson did for him. The proofs from that picture session are here:

http://smilestore.picturepeople.com/my/images?tk=c59458b6-9b86-43e6-85f8-31804cf8b38f&CMPN=EmailAlbum

I have to say, they turned out perfectly! We took some time to lament the fact that we never had the chance to get Jackson into modeling in Japan. We would have made a ton of money!

We spent the rest of the day hanging out as a family until Steven's Father's Day dinner. He got to choose whereever he wanted to go. Unfortunately for me, he chose Chili's. I have a rule: I don't go to restaurants that we had in Yokosuka because I am SO SICK of them. Steven loves Chili's though, so when he requested we go there, I gave in. It ended up being a great day! Here's a picture of Jackson and his Daddy at Chili's:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute pictures! It looks like y'all had a great Father's day. :)

We are going to be in town for the 4th of July...maybe we can all get together.

Unknown said...

Yes! We would love to have y'all come down!!

I went through my calendar and here are a few weekends that would work for us.

The weekend of July 25th, August 1st, August 15th or August 29th. Let us know if any of those weekend would work for you guys!