"Das so cute!" (every time I show him a picture I have just taken)
"Minnie, look, I found your car! Thank you, Jackson. You're welcome!" (after I found Minnie Mouse's car and gave it to him)
"Minnie, look, I found your car! Thank you, Jackson. You're welcome!" (after I found Minnie Mouse's car and gave it to him)
"Oh no! What a messy, messy mess!" (after throwing his blocks on the ground)
"TA-dahhhhh" (after throwing said blocks into my laundry basket, half-full of clean clothes)
"TA-dahhhhh" (after throwing said blocks into my laundry basket, half-full of clean clothes)
Recently, he has been obsessed with monsters. He always tells me to hide because there's a "monster coming Mommy! Hide!" I'm sure it is no coincidence that his favorite movie right now is Monsters, Inc. Every night he asks me to check under his bed and check his closet for monsters. I tell them to go home because it's past their bedtime and their Mommies are looking for them. The thing is, he seems to find it funny and exciting and hasn't acted truly afraid yet. He got some legos from Mimi and Poppy for Christmas and has had the best time playing with them. I moved them into the living room so he could have some room to play in the same room as me. I just don't go into his play room very often, and it's so nice to have him close-by.
Brenna has recently become semi-mobile. She can roll over and hold her head up easily. Right now, she is lying on her play mat (in the background of these pictures) and swatting at an elephant rattle. Yesterday she moved from the play mat, in to the middle of the floor for a total of about 4 feet. Oh lordy. I could see that she was trying to figure out how to crawl too. I am not excited to baby proof everything again. We have latches on the cabinets and covers on the outlets, but something tells me that won't be enough with this little one. She is so curious!
I love this picture because it is so indicative of the type of relationship these two have. Jackson really loves his little sister and she looks at him like he is the coolest person in the world. I know they will fight and get frustrated with each other, but I pray they will always love each other just as much (if not more!) as they do now.
1 comment:
Brenna looks so much like Jackson did when he was her age! How big is she now? She looks like she will be a tall girl! Enjoy the baby days! We miss you guys!
Post a Comment