Tuesday, April 28, 2009

New York State of Mind

Over a month ago, I went to visit my sister, Emily, in New York City. She is graduating from Pratt Institute with a degree in Painting this semester, so in order to graduate, she was required to show her work. She invited our family, plus my uncle and his wife, to come see the show on her campus in Brooklyn. We also got to meet her boyfriend, Matt, and enjoy a few days around the city!

First stop - Bloomingdale's!! As if there was any doubt...! I got a new shirt and some make-up (free gift!). Here are my sister, Mommy, and me.


Emily and her boyfriend Matt, who we met for the first time. Verdict is in: he's approved.


Here I am at FOA Schwartz, wearing the new shirt I bought at Bloomingdale's. I'm taking a picture with all the jungle animals to show Jackson. He loves jungle animals!!


We saw this as we were walking back from the MoMA. My Mom & I love each other! (In case you can't tell, I'm making a heart with my hands)


We're taking a cab from Manhattan to Brooklyn with all our groceries. Grocery shopping in New York is interesting. The store was SO SMALL.... and we couldn't find mini-quiches. I mean, really, does New York have something against them?


One of Emily's pieces for the show. It's now hanging in Steven's conference room.


My sister (the artist) and me in front of another piece. This one was featured on the flier.


Our family went out to dinner with Matt, my Uncle, and his wife afterwards to celebrate Emily's successful art show. Here is my family: Me, Emily, Mommy, Daddy. I love them! And we don't get to spend a lot of time together as an entire family these days, so it was nice to get a picture together. Back to dinner though, it was DELICIOUS! and it was at the end of an alleyway, which made it taste better because it felt like a secret. Yum.

New York was great and I can't believe it took me almost 2 months to blog about it!

No comments: