Monday, May 4, 2009

Baby Giggles

Recently Jackson learned to laugh. Can I please explain for a second how amazing this is?! We will sit there and laugh at each other all day. It's so much fun, like we're having a conversation in this weird, unknown language. Apparently we both find each other to be hilarious. He is turning in to a little boy before my eyes! His favorite toy right now is his jumper, which I have a picture of, but it's still on my camera. He jumps and jumps and then looks at me and giggles, then jumps again, grins again. I love watching him! It really tires him out too - always a good thing. He's also learning to really love peek-a-boo. He gets such a kick out of waiting for my face to pop out from behind my hands. Unfortunately, this also means that he starts to whine anytime he watches me leave a room. He'll be 6 months old in just a few days - I can't believe it's already been so long, yet I can't imagine ever having lived without him.


Switching gears for a second... one thing I never noticed about Texas while I was growing up here was how GORGEOUS the wildflowers are! We decided to take advantage of this fact and take some family pictures in a field of bluebonnets - the Texas state flower. We must have taken over 100 pictures... but we got a few good ones and the plan is to blow it up on canvas to hang over our bed. Steven has a phobia of hanging glass over beds... partially due to the earthquakes we had in Japan. Anyways, so this is our solution. I love that we were able to get some of Jackson smiling. We also thought that we had photographic evidence of baby's first crime, but it turns out that picking bluebonnets is not illegal in Texas. Who knew? It was still pretty funny to joke about it.

Here is the "crime" in progress:

What a rebel.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

beautiful family pictures!!