Thursday, October 15, 2009

Val Pal!!!

We have a new addition to our family...

thankfully, this one didn't require 9 months of planning and growing a giant belly.



Meet our new beagle, Val!!

We found Val on petfinder.com and made a trip out to the Wylie animal shelter to adopt her. She was a whopping $25! Woooo big spender!! They couldn't tell us anything about her, so we immediately took her to the vet (she's healthy and spayed - yay!) and then over to Petco for a grooming. She loved the pumpkin spice shampoo - delicious.

She's as sweet as sweet can be, and Jackson loves having a doggy to play with and talk to. He follows her all over the house and gives her kisses while she's sleeping (awww!). This also gives us a great opportunity to teach Jackson how to "be gentle." My mom took pictures of Jackson holding Val's leash and sitting by the front door, ready to go for a walk. I can't wait to show them off - too cute!

This weekend my mom and I are going to a craft fair at her school. I'm so excited! I really need to get started on my Christmas shopping and would love to find some cute jewelry.

2 comments:

Kelly Minikus said...

Oh, what a cute doggie! My parents have a beagle named Cadet that we got when I was in high school. It makes me miss him so much! Have fun!! How does Jackson like having her around?

The Haynes Family said...

thanks Kelly!! we think she's cute too :) Jackson loooooves her! He gives her kisses and follows her around the house... and he cracks up every time she sniffs him. They make a great pair.