Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hungry Monster!

Let's be honest, sometimes I don't wipe down Jackson's high chair immediately after he's done eating. And if he's had a particularly sticky meal, sometimes the chair and the tray need an especially thorough scrub-down before I feel comfortable serving him food in the high chair again. Such is the case when Jackson has baked beans.

Enter disposable place mats! Ta-dahh!


Ok, they may not be completely environmentally-friendly, but whoever came up with these things is brilliant! We usually use them when we're out to eat, but it also served as a great substitute for our dirty high chair tray during lunchtime.


Of course, Jackson seemed to think that being able to sit in the big boy chair and move around without restraint was pretty cool too! I was very impressed, he stayed in his chair the whole time and didn't leave until he was done with lunch. What a great kiddo! One day Jackson is going to be a great big brother (hint hint Steven!) and role model.

Until then, I'm content to watch one little boy grow and learn, and celebrate the small stuff with him, even if it's good behavior during one lunch.

No comments: