Sunday, June 13, 2010

Blue Eyes, Blue Jeans

A few weeks ago, my sister posted this video on my facebook wall and after laughing my butt off, I knew I had to have these diapers for Jackson.


So, I grabbed a small package at the grocery store and when my mom was over at our house on Wednesday, waiting for my beautiful new dishwasher to show up, we had a denim diaper photo shoot!!


Steven and I both have blue eyes, but Jackson's are deep blue, like Steven's eyes. I love the wonder, innocence, and excitement that hide behind them.


Eventually, the fancy shirt came off. I thought that since he was down to his diaper already, that it would be a good time to have our favorite messy, filling meal that's perfect for practicing using a spoon - oatmeal!!! Yum!


After oatmeal (which is always a huge mess - but so much fun for Jackson!), I grabbed Jackson and put him right in the sink for a little wash-up. Moments like this make me so grateful for the time I have with Jackson before he becomes a man one day.


Jackson got thirsty. This is totally something I would do (and maybe I have... I'll never tell!). He is becoming such a ham and I totally dig it. This week he started saying (or I started understanding) "car" and "shoes." I think this brings his word count up to about 15-20 words - so amazing! He's gonna be a talker, and with parents like us, I don't know how he couldn't be!

1 comment:

Rachel and Cameron said...

I LOVE the denim diaper!!! Those are priceless pictures. TOO cute!