Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 26 Weeks
Size of baby: According to BabyCenter, 14 inches long (about the size of an "English hot-house cucumber" (???)) and one and two-thirds pounds.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: At my last appointment, I had gained 7 pounds. I still weigh less than I did during the year following Jackson's birth.
Maternity Clothes: Almost all of my pants are maternity except sweatpants. I'm still wearing a lot of non-maternity tops, but more and more maternity shirts are making an appearance.
Gender: It's a..... GIRL!!!!
Movement: I have a feeling that I won't have to do kick counts with this little girl - she moves around a lot and I love feeling her say a little hello to the outside world.
Sleep: Sleeping is becoming less and less comfortable, but I am still getting some pretty good nights in.
What I miss: I ache a lot these days, so I miss not having those aches.
Cravings: Chocolate, chocolate, always chocolate.
Symptoms: I get tired easily and I have been having CRAZY dreams. I have also started having heartburn - one symptom I was hoping I would miss this time around.
Best Moment this week: I ordered Baby B's nursery bedding set. It is so cute!!! I also have started buying little birdhouses to decorate the space on top of her wardrobe. I'd like to have a mixture of birdhouses and bird cages up there to go with the "bird" theme. Jackson saw one of the birdhouses I picked up and pointed to it saying "bird house!" I didn't even know he knew that word. :)

(image courtesy of Pottery Barn Kids)
This is the crib quilt I picked out for Baby B. I already had the sham (picked it up a few weeks ago to start looking for paint) and I was waiting to see if the rest of the set would go on sale when I got an email from PBK with a discount code! I jumped online and ordered the quilt, 2 sheets, and sham pillow insert immediately. It feels so good to have that out of the way!! The bedding set should be at house any day now. After crossing that off my list, my sweet mom asked what else I needed to feel "ready" for the baby. I told her that we didn't have any diapers or socks yet, so she said "Ok, let's go get them!" and we went to Market Street and Wal Mart to pick up the last of the essentials. Insert HUGE sigh of relief here. Everything else left on our list is just a "nice-to-have" which feels awesome. Of course, we still have 3 months to plan for Baby B's arrival, but I finally feel like I can relax and enjoy the process rather than obsessing over every little detail.
3 comments:
lookin good ! I do love that bedding.. my good friend has it and her nursery is adorable
love the bedding you picked out..so cute!!!
Oh, I love her bedding....so girly, beautiful and calming! Congrats again... can't wait to see yall soon!
Post a Comment