Thursday, October 13, 2011

Play Park

Favorite TV Shows in this house (in order):

1. Dora the Explorer
2. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
3. Go Diego Go

Then it's a toss-up between: Handy Manny, Bubble Guppies, Chuggington, Backyardigans, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and most recently, Team Umi Zoomi.

Think we watch enough TV?

Anyway, the point is that Dora sometimes talks about going to "Play Park," so that's what Jackson calls every park.


A few weeks ago, Jackson's (and now Brenna's) friends went to play at one of our favorite parks. The park is pretty remotely located, so it's usually just us. It also has some cover over the playground (to protect our kiddos from the hot Texas sun) and restrooms nearby. There is a soccer field right there too, which is a great place for our little future-Beckhams to practice.


About half of the kids in our playgroup now have younger siblings, so the Mommies found a tree and put down a blanket for the littlest kids to hang out.


Here are the sweet little ones - Bryn and Sophie are the oldest of the second wave of kids (11 and 12 months) and Logan and Brenna are the youngest (so far..!). Logan was born in May and he's the only boy of the little ones. Cate, Mia's sister, is the only one missing from this picture.


Speaking of Mia and Cate, their sweet Mom, Ashley, took this picture of Brenna and me at the park during another play date. I love this photo and I love how it truly portrays my experience as a Mother - my hair is a mess, I have a burp cloth (or spit up!) on my shoulder, but I'm so happy to finally have my sweet baby Brenna in my arms.

Sometimes Jackson asks me "You happy, Mommy?" and I tell him "Yes I'm happy! I have my Jackson!" and he reminds me "and your Baby Brenna and your Daddy?" and after I agree that I am happy to have Brenna and Daddy, he tells me, "And I have my Mommy!" Oh my gosh, he is such a big sweet heart, and such a wonderful big brother.

2 comments:

Meredith & Brett Hagedorn said...

Hey Alison,
Yay glad you found & started following my blog! Now I'm following yours too! I love looking at friends blogs to see what they're up too.:)
Great pic of you & your sweet girl!! Hope motherhood times TWO is treating you good! Take care & keep checking the blog. :)

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

Aweeee loved Everything about this post, especially the lmlast paragraph <3