Let's be honest, I've really been home since Tuesday night, but I feel like I've been going nonstop since then! Wednesday I was wiped out, so I didn't do anything... at all. I haven't even unpacked yet.
Thursday, Jackson & I missed Rhyme Time. We split the blame though; he decided to make a mess in his diaper (and outside his diaper a little - yuk!) as soon as I strapped him in to the car seat, and I was in such a hurry to make up for lost time, that I forgot my wallet at home and had to turn around to go get it. Finally, we were leaving the house 15 minutes after Rhyme Time was supposed to start, so we went to run errands instead. We went to my (current) favorite store of all time, Babies R Us. I could walk around in there for hours. And I have. Anyways, we got diapers and a couple new toys for Jackson. Then we had lunch with my Dad, who is in town from Taiwan right now. We were right by Barnes & Noble and since we had missed Rhyme Time, we went in for coffee and to look at the books. We found a few books that we really liked, and met a couple new friends too! Then I went over to GAP to buy some t-shirts and wound up finding a pair of jeans I liked at a store nearby. Finally, we swung by Bath and Body Works to pick up an air freshener refill for spring. Right now we're using cinnamon which seems like a fall/winter scent to me. So we got something fruity for spring.
On Friday I took my Dad down to the Museum of Nature and Science to watch an IMAX film about the Tour de France, which my Dad follows every year. He loves it and one day wants to go to France to physically follow the Tour from beginning to end. After that, we went back to Plano to pick up Jackson and have lunch at my parents' house. Unfortunately, their bathroom had flooded that morning, so Daddy had laundry to do. So I decided to tidy and vacuum my sister's room since she's coming home this week (yay!). I love coming home to a clean room, so I hope she appreciates the gesture. She's bringing her boyfriend home to visit as well, so I cleaned up my old bedroom for him. I took down a lot of my decorations from high school, so now my room looks a little bare. Luckily, my sister is an amazing painter, so I hung one of her paintings I found while tidying her room. It looks beautiful! I was on such a roll that before I knew it Jackson and Steven were both passed out, so we decided to spend the night.
This morning (Saturday), we woke up and Steven went to his Golf clinic while I stayed at my parents' house and cleaned up my room a little more. When Steven was done with his clinic, we went to lunch and ran errands with my Mom and Jackson. We went to this family-owned place near us called "Holy Frijoles!" It is so yum. The salsa is amazing... and the enchiladas... ok, now my mouth is watering. So good, so good. After that, we went to buy a rug, some cleaning supplies (apparently I colored on my door as a child... and then covered it with obnoxious magazine clippings), and some baby items for a shower my Mom's going to next week. Yay Babies R Us again! Then we met up with my Dad to find a birthday present for my sister, went out to dinner, and finally came home to our own house! Phew. It was a busy couple of days, after a busy few days in New York City! I'm ready to slow down and work on getting the house in order this week.
I was going to write about my New York visit tonight, but I'm getting really sleepy. I guess it will have to wait for now. (yawn) good night.
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment