Yesterday, though not as fun, we had a big day too! Of course, it started with Rhyme Time. We finally got a spot in the front row and Jackson got so excited that he spit up all over himself. Not that I can blame him, it is super fun. We had fun wiggling and listening to the stories, and then (of course) Jackson passed out in the car. Then I went by Starbucks (the addiction continues) and over the Babies R Us. It is amazing what baby items have emerged since Jackson was born! I can't believe how quickly things have progressed... I mean, come on, he's only 3 months old! To be fair though, I expect that several items came out for 2009. Well, we had a great time there and got a pirate onesie and some antibacterial wipes for the diaper bag. Then we went to the Home Goods store (attached to TJ Maxx) to find some discount items for the house. They actually have some really nice stuff... including our wedding stemware! I found some boxes for the house to wrangle some of the items that have been floating around with no place to go.
After that we popped over to Michael's to find some frames for Steven. When he was in the Navy, they had a celebration for crossing the equator. Once someone crosses, they become a "shellback" instead of a "pollywog" BUT only if they can get through initiation. This is where Steven's problem arose. He crossed the equator a few times before becoming a shellback because either he missed initiation, they didn't offer it, or he got so excited that he split his head open and needed stitches. Finally, on his fourth trip across the equator, after 2+ years of serving on the Blue Ridge, he became a shellback and received a certificate. Recently, Steven's been talking about how much he misses the guys from his division of the ship, so yesterday as I was unpacking our stuff (yes, STILL!), I found his certificate! I know it's very special to him, and I would hate for anything to happen to it, so I took it to Michael's to have it framed. I told Steven about it last night and he was thrilled. It will be ready in two weeks and I'm so excited to see how it turns out!
Finally, we went to the Container Store to find some place to store all the papers we have floating around. Then it was back home to see Daddy (by this time it was past 5:00!) and then we went to watch Steven's softball game. He and Cale play for a co-ed church team. Last night they played a team of Hooter's employees. Unfortunately, Steven's team lost, but he got one of the 2 runs, so that was good. I met a few of the wives and had a good time talking with them. It's amazing how Moms are drawn to each other. As long as you have kids in tow, anyone whose ever had kids or nannied will come over and talk. Love it. To wrap up the day, we had pizza with Cale and then went home and passed out. It was a busy day!
No comments:
Post a Comment