Monday, December 7, 2009

Sick is no fun!

I've been sick for about 3-4 days now, and since I didn't take it easy early on, I'm paying for it now... blehh! It's just a head cold, but I have had a headache, sore throat, and runny nose, which is no fun, and makes hard to keep up with my going little boy.


Jackson turned 1 on November 14th and invited his favorite people over for dinner at our apartment. Since a lot of people were out of town, we planned to have a second celebration at our house during Thanksgiving weekend. My mom, Steven's brother Chris, and Jackson's great-memas were able to make it and we had a lot of fun! Here are some pictures:

Parents of almost-one-year-olds, take notice! Babies love lights and try to touch the fire candle on top of their cake. I have seen this happen a few times, which is why I'm holding the cupcake far away from Jackson in this picture. We had pumpkin cupcakes (from the Sprinkles mix) with cream cheese icing and rainbow sprinkles - yum!

Jackson loved his cake, but didn't get as messy as I hoped he would! I finally put some icing on his face to dirty him up a bit, but he was NOT impressed. At least his highchair was good and sticky!

Even though he wasn't too dirty, the icing made his face, hands, and hair very sticky, so we gave him a quick bath before presents. These duck cups were a birthday present from my mom. They were a hit too!

Here goes Jackson, opening his Mema's present! In addition to the cups my mom gave him, he got Cars PJs, a talkin green dog (so cute!), a helicopter, and a savings bond. Nope, not spoiled at all.

Jackson loved his party and I can't believe he's such a big boy! A week after the party, we moved in to our new house! More about that later :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pictures of Jackson! I saw you were headed to Canada, have a great trip!

We are hoping to see you guys at Christmas!!

Clint and Ashleigh said...

Happy Birthday, kiddo!