Saturday, January 16, 2010

Taking a break.

After watching last night's Grey's Anatomy/Private Practice crossover, Steven and I headed to the bedroom.

"Honey, write another blog." he said.

"Right now?" I asked.

"Yeah, I like reading about our family."

Melt. Yes, I melted right there. I am typing from a puddle of goo on the floor right now. I really did well marrying Steven. I like to hassle him from time to time (ok, almost constantly... gotta keep him on his toes!), but he really is a wonderful husband.

So, what should I do for my wonderful husband but write a blog about our family so he can read it when he wakes up.



That's my other favorite guy sleeping. Lately Steven and I have been going in to Jackson's room to watch him sleep before we go to bed. We give him kisses and sometimes even cuddle him, but tonight when I snuck into his room, he was curled up like a little bird inside an egg. He looked so sweet and peaceful, I had to take a picture. Notice the little diaper bottom? Jackson almost always pulls his pants off and throws them out of the crib. Such a silly baby.

Why is he so tired? It could have something to do with the fact that he was a very good host this afternoon for our first Friday play date.


Actually, this was the first play date we've hosted at our house! We joined a (very large) meet-up group and after a few months, I started noticing that a lot of the moms I talked to were really interested in finding a smaller group as well. After one of the play dates I thought "We keep talking about this, but nothing ever comes of it" so, I got the ball rolling, and after exchanging a few emails, we decided to start meeting weekly after the holidays. Today was the first day and, even though a few kids couldn't make it, it was a huge success. Our first friend arrived at 12:45 and our last friend left around 3:30. After almost 3 hours of playing hard, Jackson was ready to crash! I have to say, I am so excited about this group (I think Steven may be really sick of hearing me talk about it, but he's been so supportive and hasn't let-on that he's ready to talk about ANYTHING else. Sorry honey, now you're reading about it on the blog too).

At the play date today, Jackson would NOT stop eating. I don't know how he manages to eat so much, but even the other moms were surprised by how much he kept eating. I kept telling everyone "I feed him! I swear!" as if it weren't apparent by his adorable Buddha-belly. His favorite food lately has to be these little fruit pouches.


They're pureed fruit in a little pouch (the pouch itself is similar to capri sun), with a little spout on top to suck out the fruit. Jackson can. not. get. enough. If I accidentally let him catch sight of one, he smacks his little lips as hard as they will smack (Jackson-language for "I want that") and starts to giggle-whine, which sounds like he's really excited about something, but afraid it won't happen. I can't complain though, they're good for him!

Another smack-worthy item today: the balloons at Verizon Wireless. Wow, he was crazy about them! He pulled one off and let it go, not realizing that it would go up rather than down. The next 15 minutes we were in the store, he pointed to the balloon on the ceiling and smacked his lips, asking us to get it down for him. He thought it was really funny when I pretended to jump to grab it for him. Silly mommy. We're very lucky that the employees at that store have always been so wonderful and patient with our family and our very energetic and curious little boy.

Well, we have another play date in the morning, so I should get to bed. This play date is very special because it's on a Saturday and Daddies are invited!

Oh, and let's not wait another month to write another blog, ok?

2 comments:

Kasparek said...

Oh goodie! I'm so happy to see a new update. Jackson gets cuter everytime I see him!

The Haynes Family said...

thanks Vanessa! :) He gets cuter every time I see him too... ;) I love reading about Emma and Camden, I feel like I know them even though I haven't seen them since ya'll left Japan!