Monday, November 30, 2009

A-Dawg! Where you been?

Sometimes I like to introduce myself as "A-Diggity-Dawg" to throw people off a little bit. It's left over from my high school days when my friend Tammy used to call herself Tammy-G-Dawg (and I was Ally-G-Mac).

Moving on.

I have been at my NEW HOUSE!! We finally moved in after our carpet was installed 10 days ago. Our friends Cale and "other Steven" helped us get unloaded in to our new sweet casa. My Steven loaded up the UHaul by HIMSELF 3 times and brought all of our furniture over to the house and unloaded it in to our garage. It took him less than 10 hours. The only pieces he couldn't get by himself were the BBQ and our dining room table. What? I married SUPERMAN!

So, I was "on baby duty" (read: using Jackson as an excuse to avoid any heavy lifting) and Steven was resting, when we heard a knock at the door. Who could it be but our next door neighbor's teenage son and his friend with cookies and offers of assistance? Can't beat free child labor! These kids were hilarious too, we run with a sarcastic crowd, and they hopped right on the bandwagon, dishing out insults and putting everyone in their place. Cale and Steven(x2) thought it was great.

After everyone went home, Steven, Jackson, and I were left to enjoy sleeping in our new house for the first time.

...and that's what's been going on with us!

No comments: