Monday, April 4, 2011

22 Weeks

Oooh! It's been 6 weeks since I last updated this blog about the pregnancy!
Here is the latest:

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 22 Weeks
Size of baby: According to BabyCenter, 11 inches long (about the length of a spaghetti squash - what is that even??) and almost one pound. What a growth spurt in only 6 weeks!!!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Not sure, but I guess it's around 5 pounds.
Maternity Clothes: I am holding on to my pre-pregnancy jeans & Bella Band for dear life, but I have worn maternity pants to church and have been wearing more maternity shirts lately.
Gender: It's a..... GIRL!!!!! We are just beside ourselves with excitement and I even cried when we found out (tears of joy!!!).
Movement: Lots of kicks!! I love them and remind myself that they will be more painful later on, so to enjoy the little ones while I can.
Sleep: We got the new mattress and sleep has been GREAT! I also have my sleep pillows washed and ready in case I need them soon.
What I miss: I went to visit a friend last month and we usually enjoy going out for drinks together, and it was sad to miss out on that this time. One night, we had ice cream instead (yay!).
Cravings: Godiva dark chocolate truffles... so amazing. Also, I have been craving McDonald's chicken nuggets of all things! I never ever ever ever ever eat at McDonald's, ever! And since I've been pregnant, I've had them a few times and really craved them!
Symptoms: Still nesting, but on the bright side, our house has never been tidier, and even the closets are looking pretty good. I really need to finish organizing the secondary bedroom closets, and then it will be time to get the garage in order.
Best Moment this week: Hearing Jackson try to say his sister's name (which we are keeping secret until she makes her arrival!).

1 comment:

xoxo said...

Ally, I'm so happy for you! Jackson is going to be such a great big brother! I hope your family had a great time in DC!
xoxo
Dani