In addition to having a clean (enough) house, we had the funniest thing happen yesterday morning. No April Foolin' except on us. At 6:00 in the morning, I woke to the sound of cracking, and our bed fell down on Steven's side. He rolled over, looked at the break, and said "Well, I can't fix that." So I replied, "Let's just go to the guest room and worry about it later." We were both so tired! When we finally woke up, we talked about our options and decided it made the most sense to keep the head board rather than an actual bed, but get a new mattress, box spring and bed frame.
After our play date at the (ever-popular!) train park, Jackson and I headed over to the mattress store to check out what was available. Jackson thought he was in Heaven! He ran right up to the salesman, who introduced himself to Jackson. Jackson gestured to me and said "This is Mama." I nearly melted. He has always been so polite, but lately he has kicked it up a notch between introducing me to new people and even holding doors! He may have been born in Japan, but I am definitely raising a Texas boy!
Anyway, Jackson had such a great time climbing on all the beds and I narrowed our search down to a few options, so I decided to bring Steven back to give them a test drive... umm... test nap. We found a winner!!! And with the help of our sweet friend Cale and his truck, we were able to pick the mattress and box spring up today. Yay!
Speaking of our new bed, it is our bedtime and time to enjoy it! I hope to have another post up soon about the baby... it has been almost 6 weeks since I last updated (oh the shame!) and we have a lot of news about Baby Haynes 2!
No comments:
Post a Comment