I have a long list of blogs I need to write, but I'll start with Valentine's Day. When I was in college and over in Japan I got hooked on the Shopaholic series (please, take a WILD guess as to why I would love a book by that name). I love the main character, Becky Bloomwood (and later Becky Brandon) because she is so blissfully delusional and it makes me feel a tiny bit better about my own shortcomings. Anyways, when I heard that the author, Sophie Kinsella, had made a movie deal I was beside myself with anticipation. I have been waiting to see this movie for over a year! Too bad for Steven, it came out Valentine's Day weekend, so I informed him that he would be taking me to see it. Now, I realized ahead of time that the movie would not be as good as the books, so I decided that I would just settle for seeing Becky's character come to life on screen. Good thing too, because the movie plot was VERY different from the books. The most obvious difference is that the main character is British and the first book takes place there, not in New York City. There are too many differences to cite them all, but Isla Fisher NAILED Becky's personality. I loved it. I always imagined her as this very flighty, charming, slightly delusional girl and they had her spot on. Her best friend and roommate, Suze, was PERFECT as well. Very sweet, trusting, and sisterly to Becky. Anyways, the movie, though different from the book, left me in high spirits and I've already asked Steven to take me again. Luckily, Isla Fisher has great talent for physical humor, which is Steven's favorite, so even he laughed a few times (only a few though... he would never enjoy a CHICK FLICK! yuk. ;) hehe).
After the movie, which started at 2:00, we went to have an early dinner at Brio, an Italian restaurant in Allen. It was yum! And since we arrived at 4:30, we got a table immediately. It was a great plan because when we left at 6:00, the restaurant was so backed up that there wasn't even room in the parking lot! Then I came home to a dozen pink roses that Steven had ordered for me. It was a wonderful Valentine's Day with my loving husband. And Jackson had a date with his grandma Scott.
Well, that's one blog off my list! Yay! I still have 5 topics in my "queue," and Jackson's been having longer naps lately, so hopefully I will get to them this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment