Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Video Didn't Work...

So here's a picture of Mr. Jackson!


This is Jackson's nursery (the part I've managed to finish decorating anyways... his room is HUGE!!). He doesn't actually sleep in the crib yet, except for naps.



Here is Jackson enjoying his crib while his brave (foolish?) Mommy takes pictures of him napping.


Today I went to Hobby Lobby with Steven & Jackson. I'm not very good at knitting, but I enjoy it and I'd like to make something for Jackson, so I bought some yarn and a baby patterns book today & I'm going to try to tackle a blanket! I bought white, green, and blue yarn that's very soft. I hope it stand up well in the wash & to a little boy's wear & tear! They also had a tummy-time pillow insert, so I found a pattern for a cover and this weekend my Mom is going to help me make it.




Steven and I each chose a fabric... take a WILD guess about who chose which fabric.



So I'm really excited to make some crafts for Jackson and possibly other children down the line, depending on how well these survive. I already started knitting the blanket and 2 rows in my fingers were already hurting. AWESOME! :)

In other news, we finally broke down & got an IP line for the house. We're able to call Japan for 6 cents a minute, which was a major bonus. I've missed our friends back in Japan and I'd like to be able to call. Even though we have friends here, I don't really know very many people in the area with kids. Hopefully that will change soon!

Well, it is time for bed! If you're on facebook, look at the video I just posted of Jackson and try to ignore my "coaching." I LOVE being Jackson's Mommy. I just love it.

No comments: