Monday, November 9, 2009

You Spin Me Right 'Round Baby!

Ohhhhhhh I can't even contain my excitement!


A SUSHI-GO-ROUND HAS OPENED IN PLANO!!!


This picture was taken (by Kate Cooper!!) the first time we went to the sushi-go-round in Yokosuka. It became our hang-out while we were in Japan. We went at least once a week, often twice (yes, I'm serious) and never got sick of it. The sushi chefs knew what we wanted as soon as we walked in and we would chat with them about our baby who was soon-to-arrive. While nothing can EVER replace the food and fellowship we experienced at the original sushi-go-round, we were super-stoked when we saw the Sushi Envy sign!


Steven LOVES sushi!!! He's having a kani... I mean crab roll. We were so frustrated by the English menu. "Grilled Salmon"? What is that? We want Aburi Salmon!!


Jackson's first taste of "sushi." We gave him some scrambled egg (Tomago) and it wasn't a big hit, but he really did try.


Yummy!! There weren't any hot water spouts like the sushi-go-round in Yokosuka, but there were lots and lots of tasty fish circulating the restaurant!!

There was one point in the meal that Steven and I turned to each other and said "We're home!" We have been missing Japan a lot lately, and this really helped us feel like we could have a little taste of Japan when we needed it. Even though there was a much stronger emphasis on rolls than we're used to, the food was really good and the service was wonderful! Everyone was so friendly and we didn't even have to speak Japanese (even though we really wanted to!).

So, if you're in the area, check out Sushi Envy! It's on the northbound side of Preston Rd, right before you hit 121 (going north). And if you don't have a sushi-go-round near you, you might be Sushi Envy-ous! (I'm so punny).

5 comments:

snort1992 said...

awww.
We miss you too!
I haven't been to the sushi go round since I went with Kara.
:(
They had good chicken.
:D

Kelly Minikus said...

Hi Ally,

We miss going to sushi with you! That's funny that you gae Jackson the tamago..that was Emi's first sushi also...and she loved it!

Happy First Birthday Jackson! Did you happen to get the box we sent?

Clint and Ashleigh said...

Ah, a taste of home. But do they have Unagi Rolls? I love that combo of tuna, cream cheese, cucumber, sesame seeds and grilled eel. Fabulous!

KellyMellyBoBellyBananaFanna said...

Sushi is my favorite! Still haven't found a place by our new home.

Nice blog.

Kelly

Kate Cooper said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!! What great times!