Saturday, January 30, 2010

Did you know I have two puppies???

Of course, we adopted Val in September from Wylie Animal Shelter. We found her on PetFinder.com and knew we couldn't live without that sad face and those sweet, floppy ears!


Who wouldn't love this sweet puppy face?

But I said that I have two puppies living at my house...


Can you guess who the other one is?


Ta-Da!! It's Jackson!

Jackson is so sweet with Val and really thinks he's a puppy too! Every time we put her in her kennel before we leave to go somewhere, he reaches through the bars and looks at me, as if to say, "Mom, can't we bring her too?" And when I say "No honey, Val can't come with us, let's go to the car." He waves and says, in the sweetest little boy voice "Bah-Bah Ba-Pah" (which translates to "Bye-Bye Val Pal")


In fact, despite being the puppiest of puppies, Jackson is racking up quite a few words. He can say: Ball, Val, Val Pal, Bye-Bye, Ducks, Woof-Woof, This, and, new this weekend, Mama!!! 8 words at 14 months? Not bad! Of course, Jackson can say things that sound like other words, but these are the words he says consistently in the right context.


My sweet girl puppy is cuddled up next to me as I write this, so I suppose it's time to go to sleep. I need a lot of energy to keep up with my two active puppies!

No comments: