Anyways, what has the Haynes family been up to? Jackson has very busy weeks these days... to the point that I've had to alter my title from "Stay-at-home Mom" to "Full-time Mom" because we are very rarely actually at home! Today (Monday) we had swim lessons, which is always a lot of FUN! Jackson is a champion in the water. He never cries, he can put his head underwater (with some help from mom), kick his little legs, and even float on his back (again, with some help from mom). Ask Jackson what his favorite part about swimming is and guess what his answer would be? (I mean... assuming he could talk) He would definitely say chewing on the floating toys! Duckies, dolphins, dinosaurs, balls, he just can't get enough of those delicious floating wonders. It's great for me because it helps him relax in the water. He can concentrate on playing and teething instead of being scared. I'm really glad that we got him started swimming early because a lot of the other kids in the class seem nervous about being in the water, and Jackson just goes with it. Again, what a champion!
Here's a picture of my little swimmer boy in the pool & after some time at the pool with Mommy & Daddy. He looks pretty traumatized, huh?:
On Tuesdays we go to Gymboree. This is special because I went to Gymboree with my mom when I was Jackson's age. I met one of my life-long friends there, Ashley. Ashley was a bridesmaid in my wedding and since moving back to Plano we get together with her about once or twice a week. Even though we haven't made any really special buddies yet, we have a BLAST at Gymboree together! My mom, Terri, and Steven have all been special guests at our Gymboree classes. We try to go on Fridays as well. This is probably my favorite activity of the week because it's always changing and engaging. It's also a lot of fun to see the different kids and talk to the other parents about common challenges we have.
Here are some photos of us at Gymboree!!
Wednesday and Thursday we try to get over to the Library for Rhyme Time, but that doesn't always happen, and then Friday it's back to Gymboree! It's so great that we have so much going on in our lives; I've always wanted to be so blessed to be able to take care of Jackson myself rather than having someone else do it for me. Someone once told me that you'll never regret spending time with your kids. As exhausting as it can be - he was right!
1 comment:
Thanks for the comment. I use GIMP to do my backgrounds and headers. It is like photoshop but totally free!
As for the watermarks...I use Window's Live Writer to write and publish my posts (It makes it soo much easier to move pictures around and such). It has an option to add the watermark and I just found out last night that it is super easy! It's also free and easy to link up to your blog.
Post a Comment