Monday, July 27, 2009

Yummy Chicken on the Grill!

I LOVE Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. One of my favorite memories growing up is that when Daddy was out of town on business, our "treat" was mac & cheese! We had so much fun picking out the different shapes (classic, spirals, dinosaurs, or whatever cartoon character was popular at the time) and then getting to STIR THE SAUCE! That was the best part. In college, without the luxury of a stove top, I made a lot of EasyMac. Basically, it's my comfort food. Yummm.

So, I was having a mad craving for mac & cheese and Steven wanted and excuse to fire up the grill, so we went grocery shopping and found a quick & delicious meal to satisfy both of us.


Here are the tasty drumsticks we bought. Steven threw them on the grill and.... MAGIC!!

Our dinner turned out great!

Now, I can say pretty certainly that this meal was NOT healthy, but what's better than taking a night off from being an adult and just eating something that makes you smile? Notice the obligatory salad, our attempt to make this a well-rounded meal. Steven's plate didn't have this much macaroni. I use the excuse that "I'm eating for two" (since I'm still nursing), but the fact is, I can really put away some tasty noodles.

What food makes you feel like a kid again?

No comments: