Sunday, July 12, 2009

Obstacle Course

Jackson is a moving little boy and he just refuses to stop!! I have an admitted love/hate relationship with this new development. I love that he's getting around, I love watching him, and I love the look on his face when he is determined to explore something and is able to get there himself. I hate that he gets in to e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g!! Luckily, the cat has moved out again, which cuts down a lot on the "ick" factor of some places he was tempted to explore. (to my Japanese friends: Maru is safe and sound! He lives with my Mom and keeps her company and she gives him all the attention we can't since Jackson is around. We still love him and see him all the time, and we think he is much happier this way.) One place that Jackson can do all the exploring he wants? Where else? Our favorite: Gymboree! Here are some fun pictures of Jackson's trek through the obstacle course, with special guest: Grandma Scott!

Jackson starts out strong - standing by himself! Well, maybe he had a little help from the play equipment. His next step (after Mom & Grandma help him on to the platform) is to crawl through that blue and purple tunnel behind him.


Oh man, this is tough work! But Jackson's in the tunnel and scooting along.


That tunnel was a piece of cake, Mom! What's next? The red tunnel to your left, big Jack!


This one may be made of a harder and slicker material, but it has the added benefit of groves for little hands and feet!


This exploring stuff is fun!!!


No problem. Next, he has to make his way over two foam bumps.


With a great and forceful leap, Jackson clings to the blue bump for dear life.


After tackling the blue and green bumps, Jackson arrives at the end of his journey, victorious.


"Mom, that was fun, but I'm exhausted!!"


"I always know that Grandma will let me bum a ride when I'm tired."


Jackson's ever-developing skills have kicked the baby-proofing in to high-gear and our house has seen some major changes this weekend. Our cute, cozy living room has given way to his needs. We moved one of our bookshelves to the bedroom in order to designate a section of the living room for Jackson's "play area." The idea of getting a pack'n'play seemed a little unfair since there really isn't a lot of room for him to roam around and he's growing bigger by the day. Instead, we got a gate from BRU to section off a corner of the room, where Jackson can hang out and explore and I'll know he's safe while I'm doing the laundry, cleaning the house, etc. It's not the most stylish addition to our living room, but we're making do with what we have! And I know Jackson's going to love it (we... um... Steven put it up after Jackson went to sleep).

Alright, all this baby-chasing and -proofing and -blogging has made me tired! Good night! :)

No comments: