Sunday, September 13, 2009

Clean House

I have to admit, ever since Jackson became mobile, I have let the housework get away from me. I am SO embarrassed to admit that I haven't hung Jackson's clothes up properly in over a month. Yes, it's true, we've basically been storing his clothes in the laundry basket. Steven's mom even came over to babysit and took Jackson on rides in the laundry basket. She asked me if the clothes were clean or dirty and I mumbled something about just having washed them. Terri, if you're reading this, now you know the horrible truth.

Anyways, the point of the story is that, finally, this weekend, we got our business together! Steven and I went on a cleaning frenzy and organized the house right down to our coffee table drawer. We threw out buckets of magazines, mail, and general papers. And yes, we even put away all of Jackson's clothes. I didn't take a before picture, because I was so embarrassed, but I can promise you, when we got home from church this evening, our bed was made, our dishes were done, and Jackson's room was in perfect order. It makes me so happy to come home to a clean house.

No comments: