My mom decided when we were kids that she would buy my sister and I each (at least) one ornament each year. Her idea was that when we moved out and had our own Christmas tree, we'd already have ornaments to put on it. I am so grateful that she started that tradition and I am so happy to be able to continue the tradition for my own family!
This year, Jackson chose a Santa on a motorcycle for his 2011 ornament. In short, I hate it, but he loves it, so that's what matters. We went to the Hob Lob to pick them out. Here are some of the other special ornaments on our tree:
Jackson made these reindeer ornaments this year from a kit I bought at (where else?) Hobby Lobby. The reindeer with the red bow is Daddy and the green bow is Mommy. Now that I think of it, I was wearing green and Steven was wearing red that day. Smart boy. The penguin family is a nod to my obsession with penguins and I love that I can finally buy family ornaments because I feel like our family is complete. Who knows what the future holds though!
I don't remember anything about this cornhusk doll except that my mom got it for me. I think she's beautiful. 90s kids - please take note of the fantastic Mrs. Claus troll. Yeah, I have a troll on my tree. Those things were awesome.
My mom had one of these little Santa pockets for my sister and another for me. On Christmas Eve (or Christmas morning - I forget which), we would always open the Santa up to find a Hershey's kiss inside. It's the little things.
The silver and pink rattle in the middle is Brenna's 2011/Baby's First Christmas ornament. To the left is my 2011 ornament - a pretty turquoise snowflake. The bottom two ornaments are both from my childhood and the Starbucks ornament is a nod to my addiction to their Cinnamon Dolce Lattes - yum.
And this is Jackson's first Christmas ornament! His nursery had giraffes in it, so this seemed like a great fit.
This is the Sugar Plum fairy aka "Princess Mommy" that Jackson was showing to Santa. She was one of the ornaments my mom bought for me more recently - even though we have our own tree and our own family, my mom still loves getting ornaments for us.
What do you like for your Christmas tree? Do you have a hodge-podge of ornaments like I do? Do you have more than one tree - maybe a fancy tree and a family tree? Do you keep the same ornaments from year to year or do you change it up?? I'd love to know!
No comments:
Post a Comment