Monday, December 5, 2011

Santa! I know him!!

Name that movie.


We have been fortunate enough to not only meet Santa at school this year, but also at our house!! While looking for someone who could contact Santa to visit with friends at preschool, one of my friends suggested that we contact her friend, Alan, who is a very good friend of the man himself. In fact, Alan even arranges for Santa to visit good little girls and boys from all over the Dallas area. Our play group friends came over and we all had a great time visiting with Santa and each other. Santa gave us an entire hour of his time, which was very generous considering how much preparation he has to do before Christmas, which he reminded us is in 3 short weeks - ahh!


Jackson shows Santa one of the ornaments on our tree. It's a pink fairy (maybe the sugarplum fairy, now that I think about it), that Jackson calls "Princess Mommy." I know, I know, these days are numbered and I am definitely holding on tight to the sweet things Jackson says and does.


Santa is such a sweet guy - not surprising considering he's a saint! He told me that Rudolph was resting up for the big night, so he had to drive a car. Apparently it's not uncommon for people to see him driving around and do a double-take, haha. How funny would it be to pull up to a stop light and see Santa in the car next to you?? Since Rudolph couldn't visit, Santa brought his bells to show the kids. Here Jackson and Davey are playing with them, while Addison looks on. Those are my sexy feet in the picture - barefoot & baby-carrying, that's me.


A lot of the kids really wanted bicycles for Christmas. I'm not sure if Jackson O. (aka "Other Jackson" in our house) started this trend or if it's just a really popular item. My Jackson wants a pink bicycle - haha. I have a feeling Santa might be able to fit one down our chimney, but it will probably be a red tricycle.


I had a lot of fun putting Brenna's oufit together. I thought that this was one of Jackson's onesies (it says "Special delivery") but now I'm not sure if it was his or if one of our neighbors gave it to us. I had put it away because I thought she would have outgrown it by now, but she is still on the petite side, so it fits! I found the silver skirt at Target. I had been looking for a skirt to wear with this shirt and had pretty much given up. The silver skirt is too cute. Then when I went to Gymboree to get Jackson's Christmas shirt (it's a plaid pick-up truck with a tree in the back - it's a little big, so I hope we get two Christmases out of it), I saw Brenna's headband and a pair of cute snowflake tights at the register. I am such a sucker for Gymboree - I really should be banned from that store.


Jackson wanted to offer Santa a cookie (that, or he just wanted more attention!). You can see more of our Christmas tree in this picture. We have had it on the other side of the room, by the window, for the past 2 years and this year I decided that we should try it between the stairs and the front hallway. I wish we had a good place to put it in the front of the house so it could be seen from the street, but our family room is in the back of the house and it just doesn't make sense anywhere else.


Luckily, Brenna still has no clue what's going on, so she doesn't care who holds her. I wonder how she will do with Santa next year. Jackson has always LOVED Santa and runs to him and gives him a big hug, even though he is afraid of of ignores most other strangers. The kid's smart - he knows exactly who to butter up before Christmas.


By the time we got around to a family picture, Brenna was done. She just wanted to go to sleep - poor sweet baby. I'm so glad we got this picture though - we don't often take family pictures and even if Brenna was feeling grumpy, at least it has all of our faces.


Here are some more faces I love!!! Addison's Dad is, for whatever reason, just amazing when it comes to arranging the kids for pictures! I think he set up the soccer team picture too. He just grabs the kids and puts them in their spots and they stay there - it's amazing. Still trying to figure out a way to get them to all look at the camera and smile though - one day!

No comments: