1. When I was a child, my mom started collecting Santa ornaments. They had to be unique and they had their own special tree in our game room. Anyway, I noticed this year that I have a lot of penguin ornaments... I think I would like to have a penguin tree in addition to our family tree. I don't have enough ornaments for two trees yet, but I am well on my way!
2.
This was going to be our Christmas card, but I didn't get it together. I am truly horrible at mailing anything out.
3.
3.
I love this picture and everything it represents. My sister's friend, Caroline, is on the left and my sister is on the right. Of course, my sweet sweet Brenna (whose middle name is Emily - named for my sister) is in the middle. I love how much my sister loves my kids and what a wonderful aunt she is to them. Emily has known Caroline for years - since middle school I think. It's amazing to think how our lives have changed, but Caroline and Emily still stay in touch and our family sees her every time Emily is in town. Watching the two of them play with Brenna was just awesome. Side note: they were all wearing skinny jeans. Love it.
4. Sometimes I can't believe I'm a mom. Is that totally crazy? Being a mom to a child is so much more difficult than being a mom (parent) to a baby, in my opinion. I guess I just need to pray, pray, pray that God will lead me to be the best parent I can be.
5. I love Christmas.
6. On the subject of Christmas, I am a little over-whelmed by the number of (very generous) presents our family received this year. What a blessing and a great opportunity to organize (and purge!!) our house. I proclaimed on facebook today that My goal in 2012 is to get rid of 100 things. I gave an extra recipe-book holder to my sister-in-law tonight, so 99 to go. After that, we may start operating on the "one in, one out" system... we'll see. It is certainly time to simplify.
7. Just noticed that #1 and #6 contradict each other. Such is life. Merry Christmas.
4. Sometimes I can't believe I'm a mom. Is that totally crazy? Being a mom to a child is so much more difficult than being a mom (parent) to a baby, in my opinion. I guess I just need to pray, pray, pray that God will lead me to be the best parent I can be.
5. I love Christmas.
6. On the subject of Christmas, I am a little over-whelmed by the number of (very generous) presents our family received this year. What a blessing and a great opportunity to organize (and purge!!) our house. I proclaimed on facebook today that My goal in 2012 is to get rid of 100 things. I gave an extra recipe-book holder to my sister-in-law tonight, so 99 to go. After that, we may start operating on the "one in, one out" system... we'll see. It is certainly time to simplify.
7. Just noticed that #1 and #6 contradict each other. Such is life. Merry Christmas.

No comments:
Post a Comment