Friday, May 22, 2009

Excuse me, Sir?

This week Steven started his first class at UNT. He's taking Political Science and he really enjoys it. What he does not enjoy, however, is being "the old guy."

Really? Is this the face of an old man?

Luckily for Mr. AARP over here, there are two other old folks in the class, and one of them has scoped him out. Apparently they've already become good friends, only 2 days in to class. They both are looking to expand their experience and end up in the medical profession, but in different roles. Steven wants to be a doctor and his new friend (we'll call him Mr. C) wants to go in to hospital administration. They also have both been called "Sir" by their classmates all this week. Really? Is 24 past one's prime these days?

My favorite part about Steven going back to school is the conversations we have when he comes home. He is really enjoying his class, from the discussions to the reading, and even the writing assignments. Every day he comes home and tells me what they talked about, how it's relevant to our lives, and what he wishes the government would do about it. It's really fun and thought-provoking. Today he signed up for his fall classes and sent me his schedule when he was done. I love that he wants me to be a part of this journey.

Luckily, Steven has Fridays off from school, so he goes to the office to catch up on paperwork (Steven's Dad is picking up some of his workload for the summer - bless him). Since we had so much (too much?) fun at Gymboree on Tuesday, we decided to take Daddy with us today! Like a ding dong, I forgot my camera, so I guess we'll have to have Daddy come with us another time! There were lots of other daddies (and mommies!) there also, which I think helped Steven relax and enjoy it. I enjoyed this time at Gymboree even more than Tuesday, probably because the class was smaller today (only 5 kids). Jackson had a great time too. He was pretty apprehesive about sitting up, but he had a chance to bounce up a ramp, and he thought that that was the coolest! They were supposed to "walk" up, but little boy decided to do it his own way! (see "Jumper Jackson" post below..!) He also loved the parachute time and flying super-baby style in a circle with the other babies.

I just love having the house to myself for a little but each night while the boys are asleep. I guess it's time to go to bed though!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: