Tuesday, May 12, 2009

PEO, Baskets, and Wine

Since moving back to Texas, I have become more involved with the FA Chapter of PEO. This is special because it's the chapter than my Mom has been a part of for 25+ years. I am also a 4th generation PEO, and something I always wanted to be involved in while I was growing up.

Last weekend was the Chapter FA basket auction. I had no idea what to expect, but I have a lot of free time these days (which will change when Jackson figures out how to get his legs up underneath himself), so I decided to put together a few baskets. I did 2 baby baskets (hey, it's what I'm good at these days!!) with a play time and a nap time theme. They turned out TOO cute. Then I put together a wine tasting basket, that was so great, I almost bid on it myself. No lie! My mom almost did as well, but she said that she didn't want to pay for it twice - ha!

Here's a picture of my wine-tasting basket:

I went to World Market to get all this stuff. It was so much fun! I included 2 kinds of sparkling wine (one white and a rose), a Riesling (my signature - duh), Merlot, and a Shiraz. Each of the bottles is "single serving" but big enough for 2 people to share. Then I grabbed some crackers and a cheese spread variety pack, a wine journal, and 2 (adorable) wine glasses. They have a leaf & berry pattern that I just love! Finally, I picked up a basket and some grass (this took way longer than it should have) and I was done. When I got home I pulled the grass apart to make it fluffier, the added the wine bottles on top, and added the accressories I had picked up to round it out. When I was done though, it just didn't look balanced, so I raided our pantry and found these yummy Ferrero Roches in milk and dark chocolate. I don't like nuts, so I was happy to give them away. We auctioned this basket off for PEO charities and it did pretty well! One lady even asked her friend to bid on it for her b/c she needed to leave. Yay! Instead of bidding on it ourselves (though it was tempting...!), I bid on a pair of Dallas Symphony tickets and my mom got a different wine basket, complete with pink daisies and 2 bottles of wine. We split the second wine basket. It was so much fun putting these baskets together and we're already making lists of what we can do next time.

Next... pictures & more from the Dallas Symphony Orchestra.

1 comment:

Tony333 said...

Lovely and mixed flavors wine basket!! I love it.