Day 8 - I'm thankful for my house.
Ok, seriously, how cute are those puppy mittens?
Our house is the one in the middle. This picture was taken in February during our big (for Texas) snowstorm. We bought our house two years ago in September of 2009. I can't believe we have lived here for that long! In addition to having a roof over our heads (which many people unfortunately do not have), it has almost everything I wanted in a house. I always wanted to have a guestroom, so we bought a four-bedroom. Six months after we moved in, my Mom had to stay with us for 6 weeks while she recovered from an injury. Several other people have come to visit us and I am always so grateful to have a cozy room with a bed and blackout curtains to make their stay more comfortable. With four bedrooms, each of the kids has their own room. Steven and I have a large bedroom. We have our bed on one end, and a "living room" of sorts on the other end. Every morning Jackson comes into our room and snuggles in bed with us, then turns on the TV and watches cartoons while we get ready for the day. It really is the perfect set-up. Of course, there are some things I would change. Sometimes I go to other people's houses and I forget how blessed we are to have our house because I wish that I had crown moulding, more windows, higher ceilings, granite counter tops, etc. I forget that we live in a great school district, have a beautiful view out our back window, and plenty of space for everyone. We don't really use our family room upstairs, but I know that when our children grow up, it will be the perfect place for them to hang out with their friends. That's the best thing about our house - our kids feel that it is their home. Jackson told me a few weeks ago "I like my house!" just out of the blue. That warms my heart. This home is a place for our family to grow and keeps us safe. I am so grateful for that.
As a follow-up from yesterday: just to prove how much of a Starbucks junkie I am, my MIL called me today and told me that she was surprised that Starbucks wasn't the #1 thing for which I was thankful. #1 was my kids. Yep.
No comments:
Post a Comment