Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Big Weekend for the Little Boy

Sometimes I think Jackson becomes "inspired" by other kids. When we first started going to Gymboree, he would watch the other kids crawl with the most confused look on his face. It was as if he was thinking "Wait a second... how'd they...? I bet I can do that!" Now he belly-scoots faster than I ever thought was possible!

This weekend was full of a lot of firsts! It all started on Friday when I went with my Mom to Tom Thumb. We thought that Jackson might enjoy finger foods, so we picked up some strawberry-apple puffs for him. He tried to eat them, but he couldn't grasp them with the tips of his fingers, so it was really tough for him to get them in to his mouth. We still let him play with them in the high-chair and he did really well. Then, at church on Sunday, Jackson went for some of the other kids' cheerios! We completely ignored the fact that he was taking something that didn't belong to him, and celebrated the fact that he had figured out that cheerios are edible, just like the puffs! Smart boy! Monday we went to Market Street with my Mom (this time to pick up a couple things for dinner) and got him some more finger foods - rusks and apple wheels. These are much larger and therefore easier for Jackson to hold on to. He has had a lot more success, but they are so messy! My little drool machine makes them all sticky and... well... let's just say bathtime couldn't come quickly enough! Yucka, but yay for Jackson!

Jackson also had 2 other firsts - he has figured out how to push himself to a sitting position and a standing position as well! Ahh!

Here are some pictures of his recent developments! (sidenote: we have clothes for this baby, I swear! sometimes it's fun to hang out in a diaper though!)

Jackson pulls up on the kitchen gate!

In the process of sitting up by himself.

Jackson uses my legs for balance. I included this picture because you can see his first two little teeth. He's telling me all about his new skills in the picture (rarah rah rah rah!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute pictures!! There is a blog award over at my blog for you! :)