Monday, August 31, 2009

Spouse Survey

Our friend Lauren over at Details from the Dechiros did this survey on Friday. I'm too lazy to download photos from my latest project, so instead I decided to fill this out. Here are some of the details of our life!

♥ What are your middle names?
mine is Louise and Steven's is Andrew. Steven's family calls him Andrew.


♥ How long have you been together?
5 years this month


♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating?
We had known each other for a little more than a year and a half, but I was going to school in Colorado and Steven was living in Plano or in the Navy.

♥ Who asked whom out?
He came home for the weekend and asked me to pick him up from the airport and join him for Mexican food the next day.


♥ How old are each of you?
Both 25, but people always think he's at least a few years older than me.


♥ Whose siblings do/did you see the most?
We see Steven's brother more because he lives in Dallas and my sister lives in New York.


♥ Do you have any children together?
Yes - and he's all I ever talk/blog about. Jackson is 9 1/2 months old and the sweetest, funniest, smartest, most handsome baby ever.

♥ What about pets?
We have a fat cat named Maru. When we moved back to TX, we lived with my mom for a few weeks... and Maru stayed behind. My mom loves having a kitty around and it's easier for me to watch Jackson without a cat around.


♥ Did you go to the same school?
No, but we went to rival high schools. Go PSHS!


♥ Are you from the same home town?
Kind of. I was born and raised in Plano. Steven's a Navy brat, but his mom grew up in Plano and Steven's family moved back to the area when he was in elementary school. Even though he went to Plano schools, they actually live in Allen.

♥ Who is the smartest?
I'm smarter when it comes to language and things like that, but Steven works harder to learn things. He's in the Honors College at UNT.

♥ Who is more sensitive?
Depends on what it is. We're both pretty sensitive though.

♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Does Starbucks count? I have an unnatural addiction. Other than that, we looooooove any and all food Mexican.


♥ Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
From Japan to Texas. With all the traveling we've each done, it's interesting to note that we've actually only flown together three times.


♥ Who has the craziest exes?
I think I have that one... Steven has a couple crazy stories to though.


♥ Who has the worst temper?
it used to be me.... but Steven's been catching up.


♥ Who does the cooking?
Me. Unless it involves a grill.


♥ Who is more social?
Steven's more social with new people, but enjoys his alone time more. I'm more social with friends and enjoy being around people more than he does.


♥ Who is the neat-freak?
Neither of us!! Of the two of us, I'm the one who cleans/tidies more often, but Steven's car is much neater than mine, but it's also not full of baby junk.


♥ Who is more stubborn?
Probably me.


♥ Who hogs the bed?
Steven! He can have 3/4s of the bed and will still say "honey! scoot over! I'm on the edge!"


♥ Who wakes up earlier?
Steven for sure. I am NOT a morning person. Not even a little bit.


♥ Where was your first date?
We went to Tia's (Steven's favorite Mexican restaurant that has since closed), then to Stonebriar Mall, where Steven grabbed my hand while we were walking past Claire's on the second floor (Steven will be surprised that I remember that). I looked away so he wouldn't see me smiling. Then his parents had a bbq for him at his house that evening and I stayed after to hang out with Steven. We went on a walk, and after walking around the neighborhood, we stopped a couple houses down from his parents' house and he leaned in to kiss me. That was our first kiss.


♥ Who has the bigger family?
Steven definitely does!! I only have 2 aunts, 2 uncles, 3 cousins, and 3 kids between them. Beyond that, we don't talk to anyone else in our family. Steven's family is HUGE by comparison.


♥ Do you get flowers often?
2-3 times a month. We usually keep a bunch on our dining room table. I go to Market Street on Fridays for their half-off flower bar.


♥ How do you spend the holidays?
In the Navy, it was always an adventure!! Our first Christmas as a married couple I spent watching Boston Legal on the ship b/c he had duty. If we're home, we have dinner with both families but open gifts with each family seperately.


♥ Who is more jealous?
We don't really get jealous. Long distance relationships don't really work if one of both people are jealous.


♥ How long did it take to get serious?
Not very long... we started looking at engagement rings after being together for only 2 months.


♥ Who eats more?
I eat more when I'm pregs or nursing.


♥ Who does/did the laundry?
I do the laundry, but sometimes I wait for Steven to come home before I fold it. I hate folding.


♥ Who’s better with the computer?
Me, but for some reason I think he should be.


♥ Who drives when you are together?
Usually Steven, but we usually take my car. When we were in Japan I had a license and Steven didn't... and I got really sick of driving. Once he tried to tell me how to drive and I asked him to show me his license. He didn't like that very much...


Uh-oh! Jackson just woke up! Guess who takes care of the baby when he wakes up?

Good night!!

No comments: