Friday, August 14, 2009

Sloooooooow Blogging Month

Wow! August has been so slow for blogging! I have been such a slacker - it's not that I don't want to blog, I just can't seem to put pen to paper... errr... fingers to keyboard. Which is weird, because there has been so much going on!!

We celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary! In typical style, we opted to stay in rather than go out. We like to cook dinner together and watch our wedding video... except this year we skipped the video and watched Wipeout. I cooked Steven's favorite dish from la Madeline, the Chicken Pesto Pasta. I got the recipe here. The pesto recipe is a keeper, but we found the pasta to be too creamy. We tried it without the cream, flour, and butter a few nights later and it was delicious (easier too!). The other part of my present was a couple's devotional bible. A few months ago we went to Mardel and Steven wanted to buy a bible (along with several other books). He already has a ton of bibles, so I asked him to hold off. I decided that I would go back and get it for him, but Mardel has a HUGE selection of bibles!! I couldn't find the one he wanted, so I got him the devotional instead. Steven went to Banana Republic (one of my favorites!!) and bought every tank top he could find, except the "puke green" one. hahaha. A couple weeks ago I had mentioned that I needed more tank tops, but he didn't know what I would like, so he bought all of them. What a sweetheart! He also got me a new sweater, which will make the cooling temperatures more appealing this year. It was great anniversary, and Jackson was even kind enough to go to bed early, so Mommy and Daddy could have more time together.

This Tuesday I hit another milestone - turning 25!! Steven planned a surprise birthday dinner for me a Rockfish Grill. We celebrated with my mom, Steven's brother, and our friend Cale. It was a lot of fun, and they gave me free dessert - yum!!

The other huge thing going on in our life - we made an offer on a house!! The selling realtor has been out of town, so we've hit a bit of a stalemate, but we're really excited to move forward. The house has 3 living areas, a dining room, a nice kitchen, good laundry room (ladies, you know how important that is!!), HUGE master suite, and 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bath. It's a little beat up and needs some work, but there's a lot of potential and I would love a chance to bring that potential out. I will post pictures if/when we close.

So, it's been a very busy month so far! I can't wait to see what the rest of August holds!

No comments: