Friday, August 28, 2009

Dinosaur

I've been playing around with digital scrapbooking again - yay! Here's my latest creation. I sing a song to Jackson lately about being a dinosaur, because sometimes I swear he is one! You should hear the sounds coming out of his mouth... wow.

Here is the song (to the tune of "Wild Thing")
Dinosaur
(duh dun ut dun dun dun)
You make my heart roar
(duh dun ut dun dun dun)
You make everything... prehistoric
na na na Dinosaur

The things moms come up with, right? I actually have an insane talent for changing the words to songs to make them fit Jackson better. I really enjoy it too. Anyways, this project was inspired by that song:


I love the picture in the middle... I think he has a great "roarr" face!

Last week we took a trip to the Heard Museum in McKinney and had some fun looking at the dinosaur exhibits inside. They even had a sandbox where kids could dig for dinosaur bones! We quickly decided that Jackson would probably try to eat the sand (ick!) so we opted for the less tasty, but much more sanitary pose with the fake dinosaur skull (top right). Jackson thought it was pretty cool! Then we went outside and looked at the animals and the butterfly house. Even though it was hot, it was a great trip.

Next on the agenda: a redesign for this blog. I'm sick of the dots!! And even though I'll never get sick of my boys, the header is getting a little old too. Any ideas? I hope this will be a good way to get my creativity going before we start fixing up the house - I can't wait!!

No comments: