Monday, January 5, 2009
First Day at Home
So today was my first official day as a "Stay-At-Home-Mom." Surprisingly, even though I got a few things done (unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, cleaned up the game room and kitchen, did some laundry, got a plumber to fix the leak under the sink), I still felt like I should have been doing something more. In the future, I think I'll need to find more to do. I'm so used to being busy all the time that now that we're back from "vacation" I don't really know what to do with myself (and Jackson). Steven found a Mommy & Me class in the area that sounds like it could be a lot of fun. We're definitely going to have to check that out. And once the weather warms up and dries out a little, we'll probably start taking walks (because Mommy has to lose the last little bit of baby weight and the holidays did NOT help) around the apartment complex. I've also toyed with the idea of knitting Jackson a baby blanket. I bought some soft, baby blue yarn a few years ago because I had a friend who could crochet really well, but she never had the chance to use it. So, I have all this yarn... and a baby... and VERY limited knowledge and ability to knit. I think I've started at least 6 or 7 scarves and only finished 3 of them. Of those, I only really liked one (which I made for Steven). That's 3 scarves in 15 years of knitting... my track record isn't the greatest. But I think that it's a hobby I may want to pick up again. I also need to start Jackson's baby book and finish our wedding scrapbook. This is a trend in my life, I'm very good at starting things, but not necessarily the best at seeing them through. I hope I can change that now that I'll be spending more time at home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How fun! I am so excited for you!
Hey, can you email me your new address??
love
Post a Comment