Jackson had a BIG weekend! Friday night he went over to Mema & Papa's house to play with the new dolphin toys Mema bought for him. And Saturday night he went to Grandma's house to watch Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice. Grandma tells us that Jackson thought the portrayal of Shylock was excellent (even if he did pass out in Grandma's arms).
While Jackson was being spoiled by his grandparents, Steven and I were left to fend for ourselves. Friday night we went to see Paul Blart, Mall Cop. It was definitely stupid & predictable... but I couldn't help but laugh. One of my favorite parts was watching the "bad guys" run around the mall. They were doing "Parkour" or street-jumping all over the mall. YouTube has a lot of videos (google street ninja), and it's just unbelievable to watch people do this! It must take a lot of skill. Mind you, I'd NEVER try it because I'm klutzy & I'd probably break myself (I've already snapped my femur once, that's enough!), but I love watching other people do it. Anyways, it was interesting to see how it's made it's way in to mainstream culture, kind of like the Fast and the Furious did with streetracing.
Anyways, after that we went to Chuy's, a mexican restaurant. YUM! It was very good and even though the service wasn't great, the food was! I had the Chica Chica Boom Boom, and anytime you can use onomatopoeia to order your meal, it's a good night. I actually wanted to dance and beat box my order, but I thought that was probably a little much, so I chickened out.
On Saturday night we went out with our friend Cale. Cale and Steven knew each other in middle school, and then I met him in high school. He dated my high school best friend,
This coming weekend my college best friend, Jess, is coming to visit with her boyfriend, Chris. I couldn't be more excited!! Steven & I haven't met Chris in person yet, and Jess hasn't seen Jackson. It's going to be a great weekend and I only wish we had more time to spend together! Jess and I always have a lot of fun together & even though I've been in Japan, we've managed to visit each other a few times over the past couple years. It's going to be a great weekend!!
1 comment:
YAY! I'm so glad y'all are having such a good time!
Have fun with Jess! I need to meet Jackson too!
Post a Comment