
Since returning to Plano we've been living with my Mom and on an extended vacation. I think that's why it feels like we're just on leave, instead of actually out of the military. Today is the last day of that vacation. Tomorrow we will pick up the keys to our new apartment, Steven has his first official day in the office, and I have the first of many appointments to get things settled at my parents' house and our new apartment. Speaking of our new apt, it kicks our old apt in the booty! Steven and I are both SO excited! The floorplan to the right is the apartment we're renting, but ours is flipped. Steven and I are taking the bedroom with the attached bath and MONSTER CLOSET!! This may not be good for Steven since I have more time on my hands and several malls in the area... watch out, here I come!! This closet is literally big enough to hold a twin size bed, with room to spare. SO different from our situation in Yokosuka. That leaves Jackson with the long bedroom. We're going to split the room in to a play area and a sleeping area. We found these alphabet foam squares that we're going to put on the ground in his play area and we're going to get some low shelves for his toys and a mirror for the wall so he can check himself out. We've found some great options on the Lakeshore website and they have a store in Dallas! I think it may become one of my favorite places to find things for Jackson.
The other thing we love about the apartment is that we have a 2 car garage AND 2 covered parking spots!! Steven has decided that rather than park inside the garage, he's going to create a "man space" on one side, similar to what his father has done in their garage. I am so fine with that if it means that my house doesn't have random tools everywhere. It's been fun thinking of things to put out there. So far we've come up with a workbench (complete with tools of course), a hammock, a mini-fridge, a TV, and a heater for the winter. I wonder if I'll ever see him again if he gets all that stuff. At one point I suggested a pool table, but seeing as my car will be in there too, I don't think that's a good idea anymore.
So here's hoping that this blog takes off a little better than the other one did!
4 comments:
that is so awesome aly!
i love you all!
sweetness, i wish i had a nice apartment with a walk in closet bedroom! Itd only be better if it were further up north! Oh and by the way, if you guys are planning on cheering for Texas tomorrow against Ohio State...dont cry too hard.......GO BUCKS!
hooray!! i am so excited about that closet!! thanks for the link! please hook us up with some pictures!
Yay! I'm so excited that you started a blog! I will add you to my list. I had a great time on Saturday, thanks for spending your anniversary with me :)Good luck with moving, I can't wait to come back and see the place.
Post a Comment