Thursday, January 15, 2009

Unpacking

One reason I'm happy to be back in Plano is that we don't have to move anymore! Every year at CU I had to pack up and move all my stuff home (ok, I admit it, I cheated & stored some stuff in the TriDelt attic sometimes even though we weren't supposed to) & then bring it all back again 3 months later when school started back up. In the summers I would move my laundry to and from camp every week. Then I moved to Japan with Steven and 2 years later we're back again.

Unpacking is so much fun because I find things that I've forgotten about, but then I have to find a place to put it all! That part is NOT fun. I'm not very good at organizing, and especially staying organized. I hope (in vain?) that that will change since I'll be staying at home with Jackson. Today Steven and I had a conversation about that. I find myself looking for jobs even though I don't plan to get one. It's just that I've always had a job since my sophomore year of college, but I'd rather spend my time with Jackson than put him in daycare.

But I'm off-topic. UNPACKING! We have soooo much to unpack! It's amazing how much stuff two people can accumulate. Then we got a call yesterday saying that our Household Goods are here... which seems like a blessing and a curse. We can finally set up our apartment, but we have to figure out where to put all that stuff. Sounds like it's time to go to the Container Store!

No comments: