Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2010 Survey

My friend, Ashley, posted this on her blog and I thought I would fill it out too :) Should be fun to look back on in the future.

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
I became active in PEO, the Philanthropic, Educational Organization in which I am a fourth-generation member. I held a meeting at my house and accepted a position as Secretary. It's something special for my mom and I to participate in together.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't usually make resolutions because they just make me feel bad when I break them. My resolution for this year is to try to blog everyday for the rest of the year. Let's see if I can do it!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, Steven's friend from high school & one of my bridesmaids, Lauren welcomed her son, Aedan. Two of my friends from play group welcomed their second children, Bryn and Sophie. My friend, Casey, from Gymboree welcomed baby Chase, and our dear friends the Johnsons, brought home their first boy, Joshua, to his three older sisters.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, but Steven lost a great-uncle.

5. What countries did you visit?
This is the first year since 2005 that I haven't left the country!!! We are planning a trip to Canada in May 2011 to visit my family and introduce Steven to the motherland for the first time.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A little brother or sister for Jackson and a family photo shoot (last one was in 2009).

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 15, 2010: My best friend, Jess, got married and Jackson and I were in the wedding party.
October 8, 2010: Went back to Boulder for the first time since college.
November 13, 2010: Jackson's first birthday party with friends. (second birthday)
December 30, 2010: Secret for now :)

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
We finished painting every room in the house, and are continuing to raise a two-year old.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Keeping up with the blog! haha :)

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, thankfully.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Jackson's train set. He is obsessed.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Jackson Haynes. Also, gas to get Steven too and from school.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Seeing my sorority sisters in Colorado, enrolling Jackson in preschool, and seeing Jackson and my sister bond during her visits.

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Probably "Like a G6." I know, I belong at a frat party.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Probably about the same overall, but last year I had just lost my Nana, so I was very sad about that.

b) thinner or fatter?
I've lost one or two dress sizes... so I'm thinner now (for now)

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I had taken more pictures and video.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying about the little things.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Steven's family came over in the morning and we opened gifts together, then in the afternoon we had lunch at his Mema's house with Steven's parents, brother, memas, aunt, and uncle. Then we went to my parents' house for a light dinner and more presents. The next day we had both families to our house for more presents and a big turkey dinner.

21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
I continued to fall in love with my husband and my sweet son.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
There are a lot. I started watching The Biggest Loser and Survivor and really enjoyed them both.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't really like to use the word "hate." I can't really think of anyone.

24. What was the best book you read?
I don't think I read any books this year (uh-oh, busted!)

26. What did you want and get?
To finish painting the house and the chance to host some friends from Japan.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I really liked Date Night with Steven Carrell and Tina Fey.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26 and Steven and Jackson took me out to breakfast at The Original Pancake House (big family favorite), then I went to a play date at the mall and one of my friends bought me a coffee. I wore my "#1 Mom" sticker that Jackson gave me.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I think we had a great year... I wish we had taken more pictures though.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
"fashion concept?" Umm... jeans, any clean shirt, some sort of shoe (no heels), and usually a ponytail. Make up optional.

32. What kept you sane?
Coffee, my Mom, my husband, and my play group and gymboree friends.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I really can't think of anyone... definitely no one that played in a vampire movie.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell. Also, any time I read about a woman being discriminated against for breastfeeding.

35. Who did you miss?
Right now and a lot of the time, my sister, our friends from Japan, and my college friends. Especially this year, I missed my Grandma and my Nana and my Dad's family.

36. Who was the best new person you met in 2010?
I really enjoyed deepening my connections with the friends I met at the end of 2009 (Namely, my Friday play group).

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Always wear your helmet.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"We did it, we did it, we did it, YAY! We always team up, we did it!" courtesy of Dora the Explorer

No comments: