Saturday, January 15, 2011

Scotturday

Almost every Saturday we go to my parents' house to spend time with them since we don't see them much during the week. My dad used to work in San Diego during the week and was only home on weekends, and my mom is super busy with school.

The conversation on the way out of our neighborhood went like this:

Jackson: Home? Doggies?
Me: No, we're going to Grandma's, but you can see the cat.
Jackson: No!! Doggies!!
Me: Papa will be there...
Jackson: Okay, I go.

He cracks me up. Phew, good thing he agreed to go, where would we be if he hadn't?

My dad had just come home from traveling this morning, so he slept almost all day. While he was sleeping, we took a(nother) trip to Dallas to get some cupcakes from Sprinkles. They are so amazing... apparently all of Dallas thought so too because it was packed! We bought 2 cupcakes each, plus a doggie cupcake for each of our dogs. Not that they deserve it, haha. On our way home, we stopped at Mom and Steven's favorite place - the Borders at Preston and Royal. I needed to find a travel book, and Steven and Mom don't ever have any trouble finding several books they want. As we were looking up books, Steven's second cousin and her husband came up and said hi! We haven't seen Wanda and Keith in months and they were so surprised how big Jackson is now. Strangely enough, they had gone to Sprinkles with Steven's parents right before coming to the bookstore too! The surprise meeting was definitely fun and I loved having a chance to catch up with them.

After spending some time in Dallas, we headed back to Plano to visit the Apple store. My mom has used the 30 gig iPod I bought back in 2006 for over two years now, and it finally gave out on her. We walked right into the store, told the salesman what she wanted, and we were out within 10 minutes. It was so efficient and well-run, we were all amazed. With a toddler along for the ride, efficiency is a big deal!! She is so excited about her new iPod and all the memory it has. My first iPod (the mini - remember those?!) held 4 gigs. Her new iPod hold 160 (!!!) gigabites. I wouldn't even know how to begin to fill that much memory!

By the time we got home from the Apple store, my dad still wasn't awake (and wasn't interested in waking up, haha), so we decided to go out to eat without him. Since Steven had just found out that he had been accepted to UNT's MPA program, we went to the restaurant of his choice (Macaroni Grill) and let him pick the appetizer (crab-stuffed mushrooms - yummm!). It was a great meal, but not quite as efficient as the Apple store. My dad was awake and alert when we got home, so we busted out some cupcakes (ahhhhh, so good!) and Jackson got in some good playtime with his Papa Scott.

I love that Jackson has the chance to live so close to both sets of his grandparents. I hope he never takes the short distance for granted. Growing up, I always wished I lived closer to my grandparents and I am so thrilled that that is a reality for our family!

No comments: