Well, clearly I have blown my resolution. And it's not even February. I'm ok with it though because I feel like it at least got me back in the habit of blogging. Here's what went on last week:
Monday Jackson went to Mother's Day Out (as usual) and one of the moms asked if we would like to go play at McDonald's after school. The afternoons usually drag on, and I really enjoy talking to this mom, so we agreed to go. We each had an oreo ice cream sundae and then Jackson and Rachel explored the play area. They had a great time!!
Tuesday we went to story time and Jackson was much better behaved than the last two weeks. We arrived a little early so he got to run some of his energy out. He doesn't get to see his playgroup friends very often, so when he does he is so excited to see them!! That night, I got to see my friends for a girl's night out! Our friends Rachel and Presley are, sadly, moving away soon. It is a great thing for their family, but sad for our play group. We got together to say goodbye to Rachel and had a great time! It's always nice to have a chance to talk without having to excuse myself to change a diaper or enforce a timeout.
Wednesday we decided to head to Chick-fil-a after school and Jackson played for two HOURS! It was amazing. I finally had to drag him away. We shared a large fruit cup (yum!) and Jackson had a great time. Most of the pictures on this post are from that afternoon.
Thursday we went to Gymboree and then out to lunch with our Gymboree group. That night, I had my second night out of the week with those moms + one dad. This was my first time going out with the Gymbo parents without the kids and we had a great time. We literally closed the restaurant. It was so much fun and I hope we start doing this more often!
Friday we spent time as a family since Steven had the day off from work and Saturday we went to my parents' house to check out their new TV and spend time with them. That night, Jackson went to his friend Lydia's birthday party. It was so much fun! He loved running around and wrestling with the big boys. After the party, we dropped Jackson off at home (with a sitter!) and joined my parents at the Allen Americans game. It was great! We had seats right behind the visitor's bench. Towards the end of the game, we had a literal front-row seat to a pretty heated exchange that ended in the visiting coach being ejected from the game. The Americans won (yay!), but more importantly, we had a great time together!
No comments:
Post a Comment