Oh man, I already missed a day.
I usually blog in the evenings, after Jackson has gone to bed. Tonight we watched Grey's Anatomy and then I passed out on the couch. I kinda remember Steven telling me it was time to go to bed and then escorting me upstairs. I just found a trail of clothes leading to the bed... haha. I guess I didn't want to waste time getting changed and decided to do it while I was walking.
Today I announced on Facebook that we are expecting a second child!! We are just beyond excited and now I can talk openly about the one thing that consumes my life right now - being pregnant and thinking about having another child. Some women don't even notice their first trimester. Not me! I am basically a useless blob for 6-8 weeks. My sweet husband has been trying so hard to be both Mommy and Daddy for the past month and I think we are both ready for me to pick back up the household chores and caring for Jackson.
We left for Gymboree this morning at 10:05 for a class that starts at 10:15, about 30 minutes away. I took the toll roads and made it there only about 10 minutes late, and Jackson's teacher was so sweet about it, but I felt totally out of it, Then, after class, we always go out to eat with our group of Gymboree friends. This week we went to Tin Star, and I made it a good 10 minutes down the road before I realized that we hadn't met our friends for lunch. I turned around and drove back, and explained that my baby-brain made us late.... again.
I am so excited to have another baby (especially the cuddles!) but I am sooo over the first trimester. Right now it is 4:00 in the morning and I can't sleep because I passed out at 9:00. I guess my body is preparing for the sleep deprivation with two little ones in the house.
Friday, January 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We are so excited for you guys! In my opinion, life with 2 kids is just the way it should be! Now it's time to sprout your second pair of arms. :) Actually Camden lived in the baby sling so I had my arms free to chase Emma. :) Rest up and enjoy your growing belly!
Congratulations to the entire Haynes family! I am very excited that such a beautiful family is expanding! I'm so happy for you!!
-Dani
Vanessa - thanks! It's funny you say that it's exactly how it should be... I have felt like I have been "missing" our second child for months now! I agree - two seems perfect for our family.
Dani - thanks so much! :) Seems like just yesterday we were singing "show me that smile" to each other in our room at the Delt, and now we're both married homeowners! Ahh! where has the time gone?!
Post a Comment