Last night we went to bed wondering if we would have church in the morning because of all the weather reports about snow and ice. When we woke up, it was raining, but not icy, so we headed to church to teach our Sunday School classes. Steven and I started teaching Sunday School at the beginning of the summer to give the "regular" teachers a break and enjoyed it so much that we stuck around for the school year as well. Steven teaches 11th grade and I teach 10th grade. The students are so much fun and we really enjoy getting to know them while sharing the bible with them.
While we're teaching, Jackson goes to his own Sunday School with his teachers, Miss Susan (Su-Su) and Miss Shelly (She-shee). He gets to hang out with some of his friends from preschool, play with toys, watch Barney, and learn about how much Jesus loves him. He loves it! Every week he fights to stay when we come pick him up. I think it's really great that he spends 3 days a week at church and loves it so much... and he's making friends that he will grow up with, just like I did.
No sooner did we get home from church, but it started to snow. At first it was just melting when it hit the ground, but soon it started to really stick. We usually only get one snowfall like this a season, so it's always a special treat. Steven thought to bring in some firewood yesterday, so we've stayed cozy with our roaring fire all afternoon.
I just had to get a picture of our house in the snow. I love how elegant the trees look with fresh snow on the branches. This photo makes it look like our house has no roof on the left side, but I promise it's just covered in snow!
Unfortunately, because of the snow, the church decided to cancel all evening activities. Steven and I were totally bummed out because we're also teaching a class (together this time) in the evenings called "Scary Gross and Weird Stories from the Bible" and we had a LOT of fun getting ready for this week's lesson. We're gonna try to work it in anyway - it's just too good!
Hopefully school will be open tomorrow so Jackson can go to preschool, but I'm not counting on it. Maybe we'll have some fun playing in the snow at home!
No comments:
Post a Comment