When Steven and I bought our house, we were beyond thrilled with all the possibilities it held for us. Unfortunately, as with all do-it-yourselfers, we made some mistakes. One mistake had to do with our porcelain sink.
A picture should go here, but the sink was so awful, I can't bear to show it. Just pretend there is a picture of a yellowed sink here - yuck!
Back to the mistake, we used the porcelain sink to wash our paint brushes, wood stain and mineral spirits we used on the wood floor. Holy cow - huge mistake. The mineral spirits ate away the finish on the entire bottom of the basin and the exposed material turned yellow quickly. I had to coat it with Comet constantly just to make it presentable... which it never really was.
So, to celebrate our five years of marriage, I asked Steven to buy me a new stainless steel sink. And he agreed!!
We picked out our new sink at Lowe's because they offer a veteran discount and we support businesses that support our service members. Steven then called his dad to see if he would be willing to help install our new sink. Papa Haynes agreed to come over Saturday morning to help.
Meet our new sink,
You'll have to trust me on this: it is so much better. I love the deep bowls (9 inches!) and the all-in-one spout, which allows for a bigger bowl.
And it is shiny.
I love that sprayer. I thought I wanted a side-sprayer, but this all-in-one system is great.
Not only did we get a new sink, Steven's dad also surprised us with a new garbage disposal! It's called a "Badger." That sounds like serious business... I'm gonna tell people I keep a Badger under my sink - haha. Thanks Papa Haynes for helping install the sink and for the new Badger!!!
1 comment:
Looks great! We have a stainless sink but it is just a basic one. I really want to replace it with a nice deep one like that. Maybe soon!
Oh and happy anniversary!
Post a Comment