First, we had to replace my stolen car antenna. Some time on Saturday, some oddball decided that he or she would free me of my antenna. I can't really figure out why... maybe there is a lucrative business for black-market Dodge antennas? Anyway, after buying an antenna that didn't fit, we decided to just suck it up and head to the Dodge dealership. The part was only $20, so that was a relief (though it makes me doubt that black-market antenna dealing would be a successful venture). So, we installed my shiny, new antenna, and headed over to Target to pick up a few things.
One thing I love about my husband is that he truly cares about other people. He is the first one to stop when he sees a car accident, the first one to offer aide in a medical emergency, and the first one to tackle a would-be ironing board cover thief (great story). When we pulled up in the parking lot, we saw a woman and her middle-school-age son in the parking lot, staring at a flat tire. Steven asked if he should offer to help, and immediately I thought about how helpless I would feel in that situation. We decided to offer our... umm... Steven's assistance. We worked on the car for about an hour (it was a joint effort) and it finally turned out that we just couldn't get the tire off. We called Steven's friend, Steven C., who is a mechanic, and he suggested that we fill the tire with Fix-a-Flat and send her across the road to a shop he was familiar with. The lady was so sweet and appreciative and I really enjoyed talking to her while we all tried to help fix the flat. She told us that she would pay it back in her life, and it reminded me that being kind to strangers really leaves an impact.
We finished our shopping at Target, and then some! The work on the tire and the errand made us hungry, so we headed out to Richardson to have some sushi before it was time to pick up Jackson from preschool.
We went to Sushi Sake and I was floored. It was SO good. The fish was fresh and the menu was authentic. It had items I hadn't seen since we were in Japan. I really did not know that it was possible to have fish that fresh in Texas. We ate at the bar and had a chance to chat with our sushi chef, who told us all about growing up in China and the competition to get in to college. He was so friendly and I think we would have sat there all day talking with him if we hadn't been on a time restriction. I think we have found a new favorite date location.
We headed back to Allen to pick up Jackson from school, which is always the highlight of my day. I love having time to be just me and not worry about car seats and strollers, but by the end of the school day I am ready to see him again.
I love spending time with both guys in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment